We live in the “experience economy”. Customers expect great experiences with all their partners, especially with those they entrust with their life savings or the biggest investment of their lifetime.
It is more important than ever before that your relationship managers, lenders and front line personnel are adept at having the right conversations with clients and prospects. The virtual world has accelerated in the past year and many bank and non-bank competitors are fighting for customers. Now is the time to focus on developing your relationship managers into customer focused, problem-solving advisors.
Our Banking Sales Training can help your relationship managers become more skilled at having consultative conversations and asking these types of questions:
- What would make this a great meeting for you today?
- How long has your problem been going on?
- What have you done to fix it?
- What has your current banker done to make this problem go away?
- When you’ve made a decision like this in the past, what was your process?
Competitive Banking Environment calls for Customized Banking Sales Training
In recent World Banking Report research, when consumers were asked what banking services they would use from non-traditional providers, the array of responses were far broader than in any previous research. Consumers are increasingly comfortable expanding their financial relationships beyond the traditional banking system.
Apple, Google, PayPal and Amazon are tough competitors. But banks have advantages that can be leveraged more effectively with Banking Sales Training. Your bankers must be skilled to earn the position of trusted advisor. But how do they become the only banker your customers need? They must be able to augment their clients’ many tech solutions with the human connection. The skillful ability to ask, listen intently, probe and empathize establishes a relationship and earns trust. These relationship components are so important when dealing with the financial health of families and futures including retirement, education savings and other important life goals.
Your relationship managers need to be your most important “smart” solution; ready with a consultative approach to uncover a prospect’s needs and assist individuals and companies in making important financial decisions. That is where we come in!
Anthony Cole Training Group has an intimate understanding of the banking industry and deep domain experience delivering customized Banking Sales Training programs that are targeted and specific. We work with all bank lines of business:
With our Banking Sales Training, you’ll gain access to the sales training approach used successfully by many high growth banks in the US:
- An evaluation of your team that provides data on how your salespeople compare on the 21 Core Sales Competencies to all salespeople, the top 10% and the banking industry specifically.
- Using this data, we customize our Banking Sales Training Proven Process to your specific bank’s culture and growth goals.
- We help your organization develop a sales management framework for sales leaders, with our proprietary Sales Managed Environment ® program, focused on helping them manage performance, coach, motivate, and recruit.
- We next work with your sales team to implement a milestone-centric Effective Selling System, once again customized to your culture and markets.
- We can help you find quality talent with our Hire Better Bankers System helping you to hire the right people for your sales jobs.
- Our CARE Retail Sales Process can help everyone on the retail side of the bank feel good about selling even if they are afraid to sell.
- Our Sales Growth Coach program offers 1 on 1 coaching for new or high-potential relationship managers, providing them with a personal sales evaluation, a personal coach, regular coaching calls, and online learning.
Once implemented, our Banking Sales Training will help your relationship managers, lenders, wealth advisors and new account reps become more confident and assertive when they share their value prop and follow their sales process. Our clients tell us that our unique “drill for skill” approach that includes practice and role play pushes their salespeople past their current boundaries and helps them create a better comfort level, connecting with their prospects. We help your salespeople get comfortable with the art of asking questions and having a quality conversation, not with a canned approach, but with a sales process that takes into consideration the practical reality and changes that they encounter in the field. In fact, we have been told that our Banking Sales Training helps relationship managers grow and think differently about their role in the bank – they feel more empowered and have more ownership for their outcomes.
Bank-Owned Insurance Team:
Consistently Rate Training as Effective
Actively Involved with Many Bank Associations
Our experienced sales development experts have firsthand experience and knowledge of banking. We understand the challenges of the industry. We are active and deliver many workshops annually for the top banking associations such as:
How to Hire Bankers Who Will Sell
Competing for business in today’s banking world is a challenge with digital access and online services. Gone are the days when clients stopped in to make a deposit and walked out with a new CD or loan. Today your RMs must leverage every opportunity when a client enters the building. And they must be able to generate new business. Find out how to find, qualify and hire the best people for these critical sales positions.
“F&M Bank has been working with Anthony Cole Training Group for over 3 years and they offer more than just a “Sales Training Program.” They help our team have better and more meaningful conversations with prospects and clients. They are committed to helping community banks grow.”
Nate Dunn, President & CEO, F&M Bank