Sales Managed Enviroment® : Coach Better
After 20 years of collecting data, we know that in any given company, less than 5% of sales managers evaluated have enough of the right sales coaching skills to be highly successful. So what makes a great sales coach?
The 9 Skills for Coaching Sales Success:
- Effectively debriefs salespeople
- Conducts effective joint calls
- Asks quality questions of salespeople
- Identifies and addresses the Major Performance Factors of Selling
- Trains and coaches an effective selling system
- Gets commitment from salespeople
- Consistently coaches sales skills & behaviors
- Understands and coaches the 4 Crucial Elements
- Effectively on-boards new salespeople
Does this describe your sales managers or are they still telling your salespeople to make more calls or to “run faster”?
Most sales managers are promoted into their role due to prior selling success. They typically don’t come into the job with specific management skills needed to understand, motivate and coach salespeople. Coaching is the most critical role of a sales manager, yet this is where we typically see the weakest skills in our assessment findings. The skills and behaviors that made your sales manager a leading salesperson do not translate to making him or her a good sales manager. We can help your organization implement the sales management skills needed to coach your team to real selling success.