We’re now in the middle of December, and it’s usually the time of year that you would sit back and begin to reflect on what kind of year you had.
- Did 2021 go as planned?
- Did I meet my personal and professional goals?
Take a quick minute and honestly answer those questions yourself.
If you answered the questions with a resounding “yes”, then great for you! Keep doing what you’re doing. If you didn’t, I have inspiring news. The new year affords us the opportunity to start over.
The following things have helped my colleagues and I hit the ground running in the new year. It helps because:
- We take the time to plan by:
- Writing down 12 goals; personal and professional
- Picking three of those goals that are absolutely non-negotiable
- Building an action plan
When you build your 2022 plan, ask yourself these questions:
- Have I established the correct behavior targets for prospecting?
- What am I going to do to make sure that I have a consistent flow of names to call on? (Getting referrals and introductions)
- Do I have an effective sales process that I follow consistently?
- If I didn’t achieve my goals this year, what behaviors are lacking?
- And, finally, how will I hold myself accountable?
Do these things and you will have a great 2022!
From Sales Development Expert , Dan Fischer