5 Habits of the Best Salespeople
This week, Walt Gerano dives into 5 habits of the best salespeople. Practice these habits to help improve your prospecting, conversation skills, and sales preparation!
Habits of the Best Salespeople (Video)
Aristotle said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.”
Hello this is Walt Gerano with Anthony Cole Training Group and welcome to this week’s sales brew about goals and habits.
We are coming to the end of another “sales year” and as we usually do, we evaluate how we did versus how we planned to do.
All the successful salespeople I know have three things in common:
- They are goal-setters. They are committed to where they want to go and check their compass regularly to see how they are doing.
- They build a success formula with the right habits and behaviors that give them a roadmap to follow.
- They will regularly evaluate how they are doing, not just the results but the behaviors needed to get there.
The habits all the great ones have are:
- They are always asking for introductions. You cannot have too many people to talk to.
- They prepare in advance for every call. Professionals practice before the game, the concert, or the performance. Remember even though you have done “this” before, it’s your prospects first time at the show.
- They ask questions that create dialogue. Think of the interviewers you have watched and observe how asking the right questions gets the other person talking.
- They stick to their sales process, getting commitment from the decision makers. How many times do you hear I need to “think it over” or “we’ll get back to you etc”?
- Prospecting is job 1. Whether it is face to face, on the phone, e-mail, linked-in or zoom, prospecting happens every day.
Suppose Aristotle was right, being excellent is a habit and it takes 21 days to form one. What are you waiting for? Let’s get started.
Do You Need More Leads? – Free Sales Prospecting eBook Download
Download Free Sales Prospecting eBook!