Greatest Sales Lessons Learned
Sales Development Expert Walt Gerano shares the greatest sales lessons that he’s ever learned.
I have learned many lessons in my life, most of the important ones from my dad.
I think he is happy that the important ones stuck, even though it took a few tries.
Hello this is Walt Gerano with Anthony Cole Training Group and welcome to this week’s Sales Brew.
Over the past 38 years I have learned many lessons about selling, like most of us, sometimes the hard way. Some of the lessons are sales driven and some are life driven, but lessons, nonetheless. When I think about the ones that have stuck and cause me to love selling so much, I decided, with all due respect to the former host of the Late Show, David Letterman, to create my own top 10. (In no particular order)
So here we go!
- You need an effective sales process to keep you on track, get you back on track or get off the track. Execute it with every opportunity.
- Prepare for EVERY outreach at each step of your process, not just when you are ready to present.
- Get great at asking the right questions, the right way and at the right time. You will be amazed at how it can turn a sales call into a conversation.
- Customers come and go but clients take you with them.
- Advocates and partners are better for growing your business than strangers. Ask everyone for introductions, let them opt out.
- After 38 years rejection still hurts even if it’s not personal, but it doesn’t hurt as much as not recovering from it.
- Whatever you think is needed for the right number of outreaches, triple it!
- Become a great listener, remember listening does not mean waiting for your turn to talk.
- You need to find your “WHY”. Selling can be tough sometimes, having your WHY will keep you going.
- Whatever happens it’s on you!
Thanks for listening to the greatest sales lessons, and have a great day.
From Sales Development Expert, Walt Gerano