How to Get Your Sales Leadership Questions Answered
When executives think about their sales teams, they often ask themselves if they have the right people in the seat and how they can become more effective. In this blog, we will discuss the leading sales leadership questions sales executives face when considering their current producer team and how to get the answers they need.
If you are a Jimmy Buffett fan (that would make you a Parrot Head), you recognize the title of his 1973 release by the same name. Buffett wrote the song about a one-armed veteran of the Spanish Civil War that he met during a show in Chicago.
So, what does any of this have to do with sales leadership? Here are just a few lines from the song:
He went to Paris
Looking for answers
To questions that bothered him so
Now that makes me think of the executives we speak with all over the country who “have questions that bother them so.” But their questions don’t have anything to do with travel, relationships, fishing, and drinking (not saying executives don’t think about those things). When executives think about their sales teams, here are the sales questions that “bother them so”:
- Do I have the right people, on the right bus, and sitting in the right seats?
- How much more effective can my sales teams become?
- What will be required to make them more effective?
- Why do we consistently have a hit-and-miss approach to hiring salespeople?
- For my salespeople who disappoint me, did we hire them that way or did we make them that way?
- Why do my salespeople so quickly cave on price instead of selling our value?
- What are the common traits in my top performers that separate them from my bottom performers?
So here is my question for you: do these questions bother you? Do you need to get answers to these sales leadership questions? If so, you don’t need to go to Paris. You can contact one of our Sales Development Experts for a fifteen-minute phone call. I can get you the answers and you don’t even have to pay to get the answers. You just need to be bothered.
See you In Paris!
Contact a Sales Development Expert
From Sales Development Expert, Mark Trinkle