Do You Have a Sales Action Plan?
Hello this is Walt Gerano with Anthony Cole Training Group and welcome to this week’s sales brew that answers the question: What is the best way to consistently close more deals? The answer: having a sales action plan.
Why a sales action plan?
- To make sure that you and all the decision makers are on the same path.
- A sales action plan can act as an accelerant to keep the process moving or to provide a spark when you get stuck.
- It demonstrates and reiterates your understanding of the problem(s) the prospect is asking you to provide a solution for.
- It will help you to focus on the value of your solution, not the features and benefits of the product.
- Finally, it is a roadmap to remind you where you are and where you need to be.
So, what are the steps of an effective sales action plan?
- Discover and determine the prospects goals and their motivation to meet with you.
- What is their “why”? What problem are they looking to solve?
- Prospects buy on emotion, make sure your questions tap into that.
- Help them see the future if they fix the problem as well as if they don’t.
- Identifying the roadblocks. Who else has to say yes?
If you have a process that is providing you a steady stream of success, stay with it! If not, maybe a sales action plan can help with more wins and more consistency.
Free Download: Personal & Business Work Plan
From Sales Development Expert, Walt Gerano