Top 10 Pieces of Advice to Enjoy a Life Spent Selling
By Walt Gerano
- Behaviors create feelings
- Have personal goals that excite you
- People don’t have to like you to do business with you
Play The Sales Brew:
By Walt Gerano, Sales Development Expert, Anthony Cole Training Group
Enjoy a Life Spent Selling: My Top 10 Pieces of Advice
It’s that time of year when we get a few extra days off, eat way too much food, watch a little football or a parade or two and spend time with family.
Hi, this is Walt Gerano with the Thanksgiving edition of the sales brew.
While Thanksgiving is a time to do a lot of things it reminds me to stop and think about everything I am thankful for. While a personal list is way too long, and since many of you make your living selling, I wanted to share the sayings and advice that have helped me enjoy a life spent selling.
Most of what I have learned is about how to treat people and I have learned it from other people. I could not list everyone who has contributed, but I thought I would present it to you in my favorite format, the top 10. Hopefully some of these will mean to you what they mean to me and when you are having one of those tough days, remember some of these.
10. Behaviors create feelings, do the behaviors you need to do when you need to do them! Don’t wait until you “feel” like it.
9. Have personal goals that make you want to leap out of bed in the morning, otherwise what’s the rush?
8. People do not have to like you to do business with you (it’s a plus if they do). It is more important to ask them tough questions and help them answer the “why did I take this meeting”?
7. Working hard on the right stuff will produce far better results than just working hard.
6. You will get what you want by giving others what they need.
5. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.
4. When calling to schedule appointments the only way to lose is to stop calling. Persistence is what pays the bills.
3. There is no such thing as time management, we all get the same 168 hours every week. Manage yourself.
2. Work 8 hours, sleep 8 hours, just make sure they are not the same 8 hours.
1. Always tell the truth. (Got that one from Dad)
Take some time this week and think about what you are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.